As people that are consciously dedicated to the four-legged pawsome-beings, we have come across all types of pets, across the globe, strays, and rescues, and during Dubai pet relocation, too. The one common finding between all – whatever breed, type, and age that he/she is – pets are happier when they are healthier and fitter.
As pet parents and pet relocators, we’re aware of how critical it is to ensure we ensure, safeguard, and maintain the health, wellbeing and happiness of our fur children and the easiest path to that is regular exercise. This is vital for our four-legged companions to stay pawsitive and fit. As we advance into this article, we’ll dive into why exercise should be part of your pet’s daily routine along with making it pawssible!
If you’re a first-time pet parent, or about to undergo a Dubai pet relocation for the very first time – our advice is to get expert pet relocation services Dubai, along with a tailored pet fitness regime for your fur baby to make this transition a smooth one.
Let’s dive right into the essentials of how you can help your fur child live their best life through everyday play!
Identifying the physical perks of play
- Play doesn’t just aid in building a bond and releasing happy sentiments, but it also successfully manages your pet’s weight and prevents obesity. Playing fetch or going for walks helps burn calories to maintain a healthy pet BMI.
- Furthermore, it equips your fur child to strengthens its muscles and joints. Running, jumping, and playing strengthen limbs and prevent mobility issues as pets age.
- It gets the heart happy and promotes heart health. Research shows that aerobic activity keeps the lungs and heart healthy to sustain energy levels.
- The best way to release energy. Pets often need an outlet for pent-up power to prevent unwanted behaviours like chewing or barking and thus, playtime prevents stress.
Along with mental gains too
- Movement stimulates the mind and play provides mental stimulation that often prevents boredom, inactivity, disinterest, or depression. Staying active is equally essential for the pet psyche.
- A daily walk or play-hour aids in relieving stress, ensures that pets feel secure and builds a strong bond between you and them.
- Furthermore, a one-on-one exercise slot on a daily basis helps pets and parents connect and trust each other.
- More play = Bath time being more manageable. Tired pets are less squirmy when it’s time for a grooming session so make sure you’re tiring your little fur child out.
Measuring the right amount of exercise for your type of pet
Every pet is different, and so are their energy levels. We always advise getting a tailored play program from a certified healthcare provider based on their last health report but to give you an idea, it’s always best to customize the time spent playing based on the following factors:
- Consider your pet’s age. Puppies and kittens need more activity than senior pets so it is absolutely essential to adjust the intensity of play and workouts as your pets age.
- Factor in their breed. Bigger dogs like herding and hunting breeds typically need more exercise than lap dogs, so based on their size, and breed, build a work out plan that’s apt for them.
- Measure their environment. Pets in tiny homes or apartments need walkies or playtime outside while homes that have a backyard or a garden area can have a built-in play area for them.
- Gauge your pet’s personality. No one knows your pet as well as you do and if see that you’ve got an active one in your hands, get them moving. If you’re got one that’s relaxed and needs that ‘me’ time, engage them only until you see they’re interested. It’s important to realise that active pets like outdoor time and lazy pets enjoy interactive toys at home.
As pet relocation experts in Dubai, our usual recommendation is a standard activity plan of 30-minutes, twice daily for most pets—which could include walks, play sessions in the garden, or interactive feeder toys all count. Having said this, it’s best to always consult with a licensed healthcare provider based on your pet along with consideration to your pet’s individual needs and capabilities.
Easy ways of getting started with daily play
Now that you’ve been made aware of how essential exercise is for your pet’s health and mental wellbeing – it’s time to streamline the logistics and fit this into your daily routine. Here are some pawsome ideas that we’re sure of fitting within your busy schedule:
- Play fetch in the garden. Simply throw little chew toys, balls or squeaky toys and let your pet run while you lounge on the patio. Sounds like a win-win? We promise you it is.
- Let them explore during walks. It’s good for you and for them – let them get sniffing, walking, and investigating while you’re off to an escapade – this curiosity will provide mental stimulation for your little fur child.
- Build a DIY obstacle course around your home. Get creative, and use furniture, props, or toys to make an indoor agility course for pets to climb, jump, and weave through and indulge in little wins!
- Encourage play with interactive toys. Don’t let them get used to their same toys – spoil them and rotate schedules of chew toys, treat puzzles or food dispensing toys to keep them stimulated and entertained indoors.
Unlock emotional and physical wellbeing by staying fit
If the sudden introduction to fitness has your fur child feeling crabby, lethargic, or experiencing tummy troubles, it may be due to a lack of activity or a body shock. Make sure you transition them slowly into a tailored routine that their body can handle. If you’re about to set off to traveling adventures and your pet is a ball of energy that loves to run around, then a good exercise session prior to their travels, or pet relocation Dubai might just do the trick. We have observed that pets who have expended most of their energy on the day of and prior to their flight tend to have lower anxiety levels. However, if your pet is the anxious type or has motion sickness, then it’s best to skip the pre-flight exercise.
In general, our advice is to ensure that you make a conscious effort to carve out time each day to play with your precious pup or kitty – they might not say but they will be thanking you for shaping their mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing!
Exercise is essential for your pet’s overall health and well-being. Regular exercise can help your pet maintain a healthy weight, strengthen muscles and bones, and improve their mental well-being. However, exercise can help in making the relocation process easy if done right. It can calm down the pets during the journey. In Dubai, pet relocation can be a complex process, but with the right pet relocators and pet relocation services Dubai by your side, you can make the experience a smooth and happy journey!